Adopting an Eskie From ERU
Our Adoption Process
Our adoption process might seem lengthy, but please remember that many of our dogs have already been put through a lot of stress. Our goal is to make this process are stress-free as possible for our Eskies.
- Complete and submit an Adoption Application. Please note: you must be 21 years of age or older to submit an application.
- ERU will review your Adoption Application and contact your veterinarian as a reference. (If you do not have a vet because this is your first pet, please know that this will NOT prevent you from being able to adopt one of our dogs.)
- Next, we will contact you for a short interview and schedule a home visit. We want to see where your Eskie will live, play, and exercise.
- Before we release the dog to its new "furever family" you will need to sign an adoption agreement. This is a legally binding contract between you and ERU that confirms you are aware of the restrictions that ERU places on the disposition of the dog you adopt and the rights to that dog that are reserved by ERU. We strongly recommend that you review the Adoption Agreement before proceeding with the application process.
Adoption fees are used to offset some of the cost of medical treatments incurred while the dog is under our care. This may cover (but not be limited to) exams, spay/neuter, vaccinations, flea and tick prevention, heartworm test, and/or treatment.
- Young puppies (under 6 months): please refer to the puppy's profile
- Older puppies (6 to 11 months): $300
- Adults (1 yr to 4 yr 11 months): $250
- Older adults (5 yr to 9 yr 11 months): $200
- Seniors (10+ yrs): $150
Additional Adoption Information
- If you are a returning/repeat adopter, the adoption fee is reduced by 25% (all fees are subject to approval by the Executive Directors).
- When adopting an ERU Eskie, they will be spayed or neutered, on heartworm and flea & tick prevention, and up-to-date on all vaccines. We try our very best to make sure every Eskie is in good health and any Special Needs are noted.
- ERU will consider in-state applicants before out of area/state if for the same dog but each adopter must be prepared to assist in part or all of the transportation to receive their Eskie.
If you have any additional questions about our adoption process, please contact us at email@example.com